Monday, January 22, 2007

You heard her, off with your pants!

So this is what, the 5th blog I've made an attempt at?

*pats self on back*

Yeah, so I'm going for more of a "not depressing" theme with this one, only highlights of my overly exciting life, well, only some highlights, some things are just too messy or illegal to blog about. You never know, China might come after me because I disagree with their internet censorship. WHOA, I just said way too much.

Well, if I type really fast, maybe I'll have hope at posting this blog before they start shooting me with Kung Pow chicken and Beef Chow Mein!

So, life has been relatively exciting lately, it's gone decidedly uphill after my brush with being really poor and unemployed (a quick summary: I quit work because the pissed me off and I didn't have a backup plan). I got a job at G.D.B. International, apparently they don't really care whether or not I actually have the qualifications for my job description, but hey, I'm not complaining. My official job title is "IT Technical Support Officer for the Consumer Division of G.D.B. International." Try and stick that on a business card and smoke it!

Anyway, most of my job is basically chatting on MSN, checking emails (both personal and work, but they are mixing in quite fast. It's not like anyone but me monitors other people's emails) and bragging to people about how kickass my job is over gaming forums. Speaking of those forums, I was recently appointed "Seraph of Spore Heaven." Basically, that means that I'm HG's [insert derogatory female word here] until I decide that I hate HTML (well, basically, I shouldn't be in the position now, I never really liked HTML all that much). It's going to be pretty cool, I get to be the webmaster of the site, boss others around to write news posts for me when I get lazy, and I have the power to see into other people's lives.

Ah yes, later this week I am going to see Roger Waters (if you don't know who he is, or at least the group that he is apart of, I'm sorry, but you must leave now. NOW!) live in concert in Sydney. I made a really great decision when booking my bus tickets and accomodation. I didn't really take into consideration where the venue was, and decided to have my bus stop right next to the Youth Hostel (YHA), what this means is that I'm about 40 minutes away from Acer Arena, in the CBD. That time is basically if there were no cars in Sydney at all. So you know, it could be likely if there was a war that started on Wednesday and ended around 12pm Thursday, before I get into Sydney. (I'm looking at you Shrink, and you BE!)

Oh, and since chatlogs are endlessly awesome (you know, just like my mass of blogs!), here's something awesome for you!

Purple says (9:41 PM):
You know, people laughed at me for putting a dangerously sharp bottle opener made by the Microsoft Mobile promotion team on my backpack, but I'll be the one laughing when I'm covertly opening bottles in my bedroom.
shrink says (9:41 PM):
:O
shrink says (9:41 PM):
why would the Microsoft Mobile promotion team give you a dangerously sharp bottle opener?
Purple says (9:42 PM):
Because I'm a ninja? Why else?
shrink says (9:42 PM):
OR they're trying to get you drunk
shrink says (9:42 PM):
subtly
Purple says (9:42 PM):
No, don't tell me that!
Purple says (9:42 PM):
I'm not supposed to respect Microsoft
Purple says (9:43 PM):
*goes into denile*
shrink says (9:43 PM):
they are very cunning
Purple says (9:43 PM):
Very cunning linguists those promotional people are.


Yes I know. You'd think I was drunk, but I haven't even finished the first bottle of Stella yet!

Last week I decided that I would buy all of the parts I need for my new computer at the computer fair this weekend (you know, with all that money I earn at my awesome job), but today I decided against it. I am going to save my money up and buy an IBM Thinkpad, I mean, I have a laptop from work, but I wouldn't actually want to attempt to lug around that ZD8000(it's a beta release of this laptop). I will probably buy a motherboard this weekend, but in all honestly, going to visit friends in Canada in June/July is going to be much more enlightening than playing WoW in 4x AA and 1280x1024 @ 30fps. Although, I better have a decent desktop for when Spore comes out, or I'm going to cry.

Other things going on in my life that aren't worthy of their own paragraphs:
Driver's licence: I'm getting it soon, promise!
Car: Umm, sure, if you want to convince yourself that you can afford one, Ryan.
Motorcycle: Much more promising, I might just steal one, much cheaper.
Buses: They suck, and I hate Fyshwick, SO MUCH. But my awesome job is there, so it doesn't really matter what I think, does it?
Girls: Well, they would be worthy of their own paragraphs. If the majority of them didn't suck, and leave for Sydney with a days notice! Seriously, there's not bitterness here at all, seriously none. LOOK AT MY EYES, DO I LOOK LIKE I'M LYING?!?!
Oh, and as a side note to girls, Cosgo is awesome.
Children: I still despise a fair few of them, they aren't so bad, but I think I could be a better parent than those fuckwits I see out there all day (again, NO BITTERNESS WHATSOEVER, YOU HEAR ME?!)

Anyway, I'm off to drink some more beer and play Burning Crusade until I become hopelessly addicted and I don't go to work and I die in front of the radiance of my screen.

Ryan "Purple" Hayes

2 comments:

Maurits Kersten said...

You got the seraph position! Awesome man, way to go.

Ryan "Purple" Hayes said...

Hah, thanks Shelper.